The Nu‘uanu YMCA's Before School Programs provides convenience for parents that need to drop their children off at school early. A good time for children to catch up on unfinished homework, get a little extra sleep, or socialize with friends before the school day, the YMCA's Before School Program helps children start the school day off on the right food.
Ages: All Kindergarten-5th Grade Youth Days/Times: Monday through Friday, 6:30am-8:00am
No program when school is not in session (holidays, waiver days, and breaks) Location: School Cafeteria Cost: $60/month per youth
YMCA Financial Assistance Available
**If doing BSP & A+ and using auto draft option, only one draft form needed Submit Forms To: Nuuanu YMCA Youth Department Monday-Friday 8a-6p or YMCA A-Plus staff in Cafeteria Monday-Friday 2p-5:30p
6:30am - Doors Open; Parents must walk children into the cafeteria
7:25am - Breakfast. Students released to purchase school breakfast
First Bell - 1st Grader-5th Grade released to their classrooms
**Kindergartens walked to their classroom daily Questions: Please call the Nu‘uanu YMCA Youth Department at 541-5261.
The YMCA of Honolulu is contracted by our school to provide the A-Plus After School Program. Below is a list of forms that must be filled out completely in order to register your child in our A+ Program.
1. Registration Form (Must be completed and submitted every school year) one per family.
2. Registration Agreement (Please read carefully and INITIAL each line) one per family.
3. Application for Reduced Monthly A+ Fees(Optional...use only if you would like to apply for reduced monthly fee. Please attach the necessary supporting documentation and/or paperwork and the YMCA will let you know your status). 4. Electronic Fund Transfer From (EFT) - A convenient way to pay on time, every month. (Optional...use only if you would like to have payment automatically withdrawn from your checking account or credit/debit card. Please attach a voided check).
5. Emergency Card (One per child please...additional cards may be requested).
6. Monthly Payment is due on the 1st A+ day of the month. A late fee of $5.00 per day will be charged in addition to the monthly fee for late payments. If payment is not received by the 6th A+ day of the month, your child and/or children will be terminated from the YMCA's program. There will be a $25.00 reinstatement fee charged for re-enrolling after being terminated in the same month.
All forms listed above must be completed with the necessary supporting documents attached and payment received BEFORE your child can be registered and enrolled in the YMCA's program. The A-Plus monthly fee for the 2017-2018 school year will now be $110 per child. Please note that the A+ fees (subject to change) are charged on a monthly basis and cannot be prorated based on your start date. If you child attends program for one day, one week, or one month, the fees will still remain the same.
The YMCA will process the registration forms and generate information packets and any other additional information that may be helpful in running a successful program. Confirmation letters will be distributed via mail or in person to inform you of your child's eligibility. Incomplete forms will be returned for completion. *Please note that the registration process takes approximately 1 week from submission*
The YMCA looks forward to working with you and your child and/or children during the 2017-2018 school year. Please don't forget to register EARLY as space may be limited based on the amount of staff available. If the program is at capacity, please know that you will be put on a "wait list" and given a spot as space becomes available, and serviced in a first come first served basis. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the YMCA at 541-5261.